5 Tips to Get Your Home Ready to Sell in Columbus, Ohio
Tips to Get Your Home Sold in Columbus Ohio
Even in this competitive market, there are steps you need to take in order to get top dollar for your home. Great curb appeal is paramount because it entices buyers to want to see more of your home.
I have included a few exterior tasks to undertake to improve your curb appeal and get your home market-ready if you are planning to put your home for sale this Spring.
1. Power wash outdoor surfaces. Discoloring by mildew and grime on brick, siding, stucco and flat surfaces can be an immediate turn-off for buyers. Removing it brightens the exterior of your home.
2. Tidy up the landscaping. This simple task will give your home an appearance of being maintained and neat. It requires a little work and reaps great benefits.
» Rake leaves out of landscaping beds
» Pull weeds from landscaping beds and along fence lines
» Trim overgrown plants
» Lay down fresh mulch or landscaping rocks
3. Freshen up your entry. You want to create an inviting entry into your home and nothing does that better than a fresh-look entry. That can be achieved by:
» Giving the front door a fresh coat of paint
» Setting out colorful potted plants
» Hanging a decorative wreath on the door
4. Sweep walkways, porches, patios and decks. Be sure to remove any toys, tools or other miscellaneous items from these areas. Be sure they are swept clean. And, if your deck is in need of staining or painting, make sure that is completed before listing your home.
5. Wash and polish all windows and glass doors, inside and out. Clean and sparkling glass doors and windows allow more light to filter through to the interior of your home and certainly improve the appearance.
The items above are just a few of the areas included in our "Pre-Listing Home Consultation". Because you have lived in your home for an extended period of time, chances are that you have become so comfortable that you no longer see the build-up of dirt and dust that has accumulated, or you overlook the nicked wall, etc. Because we at Camelot Real Estate Group understand “house blindness”, we conduct a Home Consultation for each of our selling clients. During this consultation visit, we will examine the interior and exterior of your home, viewing your home through the eyes of a buyer. We utilize our checklist to point out to you areas or issues that need to be addressed before placing your home on the market for sale. We take your home from Listed to SOLD.
Contact us today to schedule your free "Pre-Listing Consultation" and "Property Valuation".
Post a Comment